A friend from Memphis had said that the good thing about all of our traveling and moving around for the last 6 months would be that when we finally got to Kolkata we'd be so excited to finally have a home. She was right! We arrived in Kolkata one week ago today after several days of goodbyes to sweet friends we had made in Dhaka and a 15+ hour bus ride (mostly uneventful but way too long!). Two of our teammates met us at the bus stand and helped us to a hotel where we stayed for the first two nights until we could get our apartment (that we had already rented during our first week here in October) a little bit clean and equipped with a few basic necessities.
So, this week we've been cleaning, shopping, exploring our new neighborhood, meeting some neighbors, and now for the past two days trying to nurse ourselves back to health. (There are so many details lacking here but this will have to do for now).
As we set up home we're constantly reminded of the provision of the Lord through many of you that makes our being here possible--very humbling and such a privilege. Thank you!
Friday, January 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I can tell that you'll be able to make this home beautiful! Can't wait til I can visit in person.
Welcome home Snader fam! Send Pix immediately!! Or, whenever you want. :)
PS. Why is your "Time in Calcutta" clock written in Japanese??
I'm thankful for the blogosphere today because you're in it.
I really like the locker space :) And the pink kitchen trash can-you can pretend you are supporting the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation (we all have to wear PINK on FEb. 13 at the clinic). You all look even closer as a family, and I SO enjoy seeing you setting up your kitchen, Melinda, and Brent's dirty feet as he reads to the girls. You have been in my prayers-and I will join E in saying, 'I can't wait to visit you in your new home!' love to all four of you.
-Tonya
I love seeing you guys and your home! Your family pic is on the frig and John Simon loves to name all of you, especially Asha! I'm gonna email soon I promise.
Becky
Kristi--
because it's the most beautiful, of course! You can appreciate that, right? even if it's Japanese!
Ok,I'm really late even reading this post, but I am so thankful that you took time to share what's going on and all the pictures. I almost FEEL the energy it takes to live where you are, I can't quite wrap my mind around it. Know that I'm praying for all of you.
thinking about you today...
love, Tonya
Post a Comment